Saturday, November 21, 2009

You Know You Love Movies too Much When...

...dinnertime conversations about CreComm turn into conversations about how Jen watches too many movies. Case in point:

Me: You know, I like Journalism, love the course, love writing...but I can't major in it. The industry is too bad, I won't get a job, and I just like eating too much.
Mom: You don't like eating do you?
Me: (as I'm putting a mouthful of food in my mouth) No Mom, I hate it, but I have to do it to, you know, live.
Mom: I thought you would have said you love watching movies too much.

Oh boy. She says this because Kirk and I spent yet another evening at the movies, seeing Pirate Radio. I may review it when I have more time, but I will say that it is not getting the love it deserves. It's one of the funniest films I've seen all year.

Do your family members poke fun at your obsessions frequently? Leave a comment with your response.

2 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with not having dinner with my family. Ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! I'm still at home and my parents are kind enough to feed me for free, so I have dinner with the family as long as I'm not out with Kirk or my friends. Which means I'm often bugged about stuff, but I bug back so it's all good.

    ReplyDelete