Sunday, May 2, 2010

I am off to Chicago!

Bright and early tomorrow morning, I will be boarding a bus headed to Chicago, along with my fellow CreComm students. I'm really looking forward to the trip. However, I will not be bringing my lap top with me, and my access to a computer will likely be limited. This means that for at least 6 days, I will be unable to update my blog. I will try to get an entry in as soon as possible after I return.

I've never been to Chicago, nor have I ever gone on a trip without my family, so this will be a trip full of firsts for me!

And here is the final scene from my favourite set-in-Chicago television show: ER:



ER was a great show. I didn't start watching it regularly until about three years before it ended, but that didn't matter. I really got into it. I've been watching the early seasons on DVD, but I'm pretty bad at watching TV on DVD, so I'm near the end of season four right now, and have been for about a year now. I have season five here at home, but I don't see myself getting to it until next summer, because of my IPP. I enjoyed the later seasons, but they're nothing compared to the early episodes.

On the last day we're there, I will be taking in Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back. I've never seen it in theatres, so it will be interesting to watch on the big screen. Plus, it has been a few years since I've seen it in its entirety. Sure, I've caught bits and pieces on TV, but it's been awhile since I've sat down and watched the whole thing.

I'll see you all when I get back!

1 comment: