Friday, March 12, 2010

IPP Presentations 2010

I have spent the last three days attending the 2010 IPP Presentations at The Park Theatre. It has been a great experience for me, and it was great to see what I will be doing a year from now.

It was also very overwhelming. The amazing quality of the projects all the second year students presented blew me away. I am honestly not sure how I will ever live up to many of the IPPs that were done. I've been inspired further to do a great job on my own IPP. I've had the idea for a few months now, and I hope it gets through the panel, because I've become so passionate about it already. I loved the emotion I felt through the presentations. Some made me laugh hysterically, while others made me cry. Some did both. I started to imagine what my 'thank you' speech will be like, and for all my fellow first years: put all your 'crying pool' money on me, 'cause I can almost guarantee I'll shed a tear or two during the thank you portion. I'm also imagining what I'll wear when I give my presentation. And I am trying not to imagine falling off the stage in the heels I will likely be wearing. Ladies and gentlemen: you all looked classy and fantastic up on stage!

Another thing I enjoyed was the diversity of the projects. We had charity events, music promotion, musicians, novels, animations, graphic novels, films, radio documentaries, television documentaries, news/sports directing, and that's just off the top of my head. As I said, I've had my idea for awhile, but it was interesting to see what other directions I could go in. Hearing the difficulties some people had filled me with some serious anxiety, though. You all are troopers!

I want to thank my peers in second year for setting the bar so high. We've got a lot of work to do, but you've been an inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment